11.04.2005

Work, or the lack there-of

So at the moment I'm waiting for the turbopump to pump down the load lock chamber on the RHK UHV system I use, and it's taking forever. It's not really surprising since it hasn't been used in over a week, and the nitrogen vent gas had run out, so the LL chamber was most likely contaminated last time the dosing valve was switched (not by me, btw.) Still, It's been pumping since noon, and as of 2:20 isn't even close to the pressure I need it to reach before I can sputter and anneal the gold sample I have in the chamber. That's all I really want to do today - get everything ready to dose a more diluted sample of nanocars (.pdf) on Sunday or Monday. Looks like it may be a late evening, though, if the LL chamber doesn't get down to pressure soon. Grrr. So I'm back at my desk avoiding working on the papers I should get out ASAP.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uhhh...what did you say? I got that you're waiting, and have been for a long time, but the reasons are a bit over my head. (Big surprise.) Hope your nanocars finally got rolling.