11.07.2005

Restless Thoughts

Why is it I always start thinking about the tough questions right before I want to go to sleep? Inevitably the thought process keeps me up - probably a big part of my trouble sleeping since I can remember. My mind always seems most active right before bed. Maybe I need to make a conscious effort to have a good hour of down time before I want to be asleep - starting before ten thirty at night. From things like research problems and difficulties, to personal issues and worries, if it's something I couldn't figure out or get squared away during the day (or days past) it comes back to the surface as I lie in bed. I suppose this is normal, but I always have trouble quieting my thoughts in the dark.

I like the idea of an hour of dedicated, electronic-stimulation-free down time every night. I'll see how easy it is to actually do.

No comments: