11.07.2005

Relaxing weekends

... are necessary every once in a while. I finally did a bunch of cleaning that I've been meaning to do forever, including getting my nasty-ass bathroom sparkling once again. There's something incredibly satisfying about having everything clean and in order, and it makes me wonder why I don't do it more often. I might have gone a bit farther than usual when I organized my science fiction books alphabetically by author, but what the hell. I like it. Next cleaning / organizing project is my closet. That should be fun.

It actually wasn't too bad coming in to work this morning. I think I was dreading it more last night than I was after getting out of bed today. It's still stupidly hot and humid, though, making me wish I could see some gorgeous northern foliage like some of my friends got to this weekend. That's one thing I'd change about Houston - I'd put it far enough north to shorten the summer and give us some nice fall foliage. I certainly miss that about the Philadelphia area.

No comments: