11.22.2005

Nearly Thanksgiving!

And that means I'm getting on a plane for Philly in just over five hours to go see my family! How exciting is that? I just printed out my boarding pass, but I think I'm checking a bag so it won't save me that much time. I could have gotten everything into a carry-on, but with an undoubtedly crowded flight, I don't really want to worry about having the space. It'll mean some extra time in the airport, but it seems worth it.

I'm excited to see everyone - aunt and uncle, grandparents, mother and brother and sister, among some other's, no doubt. I'm going to try really hard to get up to NYC to visit my good college friend J, since it's been completely too long since I've seen her, and I really want to see her place in Manhattan. I think the last time I saw her was over a year and a half ago when she came down for the rodeo, and that's certainly far too long.

I really can't wait for my mom's fantastic cooking. She's like Betty Crocker, only better. You think I'm joking. I'll see what I can do to help out, but it's never much. Things like taking the rolls out of the oven when the timer goes off don't take much skill, but it's better than letting me ruin the bird. (Last year's thanksgiving at my house had a fried turkey from a restaurant. best turkey i've ever done.) All the food and family and coziness is always cathartic, and I'm really looking forward to it all. Philadelphia, here I come!

No comments: