11.10.2005

Motorcyclists are evil

It's stupid sh*t like this informative article about motorcyclists and their noisy machines that helps propagate the stereotype of the selfish, stupid, dangerous bikers out there. Admittedly, there are tons of squids on sportbikes who do nothing but help that same stereotype, but that's a minority of riders I know. Either way, I can't wait to get back on my bike after more than a month. There's a bike show this weekend that's close enough to walk to, that ends a day before I get my sling off. I figure by Monday I'll be foaming at the mouth I wanna ride so badly. Granted, it may be a while till I am physically able to ride my big beautiful beast of a bike (2001 Suzuki TL1000S, slightly modded,) but I'll certainly try as soon as it's safe.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm DYING for a bike, but then again, what aren't I dying for?

That said, the article is insidious, because it *seems* to be in support of bikers, but ceases to make the distinction between regular riders and the loud-pipe kind. And the idea of picketting a bike shop? Hideous.


...m

Archibaldq said...

my favorite part is under "solutions:"

"Do not approach or attempt to reason with bikers. Most of them are belligerent. When possible, take down their license plate number and call the police. In communities where the police pull over bikers, often they find alcohol, drugs and sometimes weapons. In a few cases, bikers have outstanding warrants for their arrest."

yeah. that's me alright. i'm a belligerent drunken dealing gangster who won't hesitate to cut you, man.

Anonymous said...

you *are* a belligerent drunken dealing gangster. or did you just have me fooled all this time?