11.08.2005

Know anyone in jail?

Just as I was about to leave for work this morning, I got a call from a number I didn't recognize. I think, "strange. who would call me at this time of the morning?" (I don't think in capital letters.) So I pick it up to hear a recording.

"You have received a collect call from .... Fort Bend County Jail ... Fort Bend County Jail ... To accept these charges..."

It went on to repeat, but it might as well have been in Klingon because I was no longer paying attention. All I could think of was who the hell would call me if they got thrown in jail? I'm not really that one phone call guy on anyone's list that I know of, and I thought that your first phone call didn't have to be collect, anyway. Lucky for me I didn't have to make the decision to accept or reject the charges because my stupid signal faded and the call was dropped. Thanks for your wonderful service, Sprint!

No comments: