10.01.2005

Friday Shenanigans

Got to see mom briefly yesterday at the airport on her way to south Padre Island for a long weekend. It was only a 2 hour layover, but long enough that we could grab a bite to eat at the Marriot's restaurant and chat for a while. Even though I headed up there during rush hour on a Friday, the HOV lane and my motorcycle were the perfect way to go. It was a bit strange riding around the airport on a motorcycle, not laden down with bags and worrying about missing a flight.

Saw A History of Violence with B. last night. It had potential, but seemed to miss something again and again in the key moments. It had some of the most graphic violence and sex I've ever seen in a movie, and neither really was necessary. It wasn't so bad, but at key moments, instead of being caught up in the story, I was thinking - did they really just do that? did that just happen on screen? are they serious?

Had fun with B. as well. Went to the Volcano for a little bit then back to her place where I'd left my bike. I think today will be low key with maybe some reading by the pool and maybe a nap. But first, I've got to get me some grub.

No comments: