10.27.2005

That 2nd X chromosome

is responsible for keeping me up nights recently, one way or another. A long-ex-girlfriend (T.) recently told me I was the love of her life, and all I could muster was "Wow. that really makes me feel good." Umm... what else was I supposed to say? I owe her a phone call that I'm sort of avoiding.

I've also been thinking a lot about the next ex (K.) who's in quite the happy state with her current serious boyfriend - the guy she started seeing after I broke up with her in ways that still make me feel like a schmuck. I talked with her recently, and was reminded what a great person she is, but also what drove me nuts about her. Still, there's a small part of me that entertains the remotest of possibilities of getting back together with her if the opportunity ever arose.

Then there's the most recent ex (E.) that I broke up with six weeks ago. In some ways it seems like yesterday, and I still can't believe that she's not a part of my life. In other ways it feels like a million years ago, and that the trip to New Mexico and everything else didn't really happen. I miss her most when I'm lying in bed at night, rethinking just what happened that night we broke up, still wondering if I did the right thing. I suppose it's a moot point, but I can't get myself to let it go yet. I find myself thinking of excuses to call her, but know that it wouldn't change anything, except make me feel worse for longer. Of course, I also don't really know what I'd do if she called me, wanting to talk. I don't think I have to worry about that one, though, due to why we broke up in the first place.

No comments: