10.26.2005

Happy Birthday Dad

Today would be my dad's 59th birthday. I find myself often missing him, wanting to ask him something, and wondering how things would be different if he were still around. Everybody has to go at some point, but I wish he could have stuck around a bit longer so I could have gotten to know him better. I think I was just getting to the point 5 years ago where he started becoming more of a person to know in my perception, and not just "dad." So here's to you, dad, and all your positive influences that helped shape who I've become.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yup, a very good dad. He loved all three of you kids a ton. I'm sorry you didn't have the chance to get to know him as a person better, too, Drew. He had so much to offer. An extremely intelligent man with soul, intuition and love. We miss him and always will.