10.12.2005

They amputated my right arm

Not really, but it got your attention, eh? everything went just fine, though they did have to try twice to get the nerve-block catheter into the right place. It involves running a small plastic tube in through my neck and stimulating the nerves witha series of small electrical impluses. My right arm was spasming like rhythmic fish on a hook. The funny thing is that the nerve path for the diaphram is very close - less than a millimeter - from all those arm & shoulder nerves, so they'd hit those occasionally, too. Weirdest thing I've ever felt, for sure. I've been trying to post some pictures, but Blogger keeps crashing Firefox every time it seems to be done, so you'll have to wait.

All in all I feel fine, but still slightly woozy and a bit sore. I'll try geting some pics up soon, but one-handed typing is slow.

No comments: