10.21.2005

East Coast in the House!

Yeah, or rather, I'm in a house on the east coast. My mother's house, to be exact. I got in a bit early last night and was picked up at the airport by my bro and mom. Bro M. and I went out to Kildaires for a few hours, and met up with sister E. on her way back from Syracuse. I realized that I haven't seen her since Christmas, which is way too long. I haven't seen my brother since I went out to LA in March, either. This is a disturbing trend in my life that I have to try to reverse. Family and friends are important, and it's a shame when money and a busy schedule can keep you from seeing people who you care about. It's an unfortunate excuse that I don't want to fall back on any more.

In other news, my research is being picked up by a bunch of news outlets this week and next. Here's the current list:










Rice scientists build world's first single-molecule car:

'Nanocar' with buckyball wheels paves way for other molecular machines

C & E News: Nanocar Rolls Into Action

Platinum Today: Palladium catalyst launches first nanocar - 19th October 2005

C2W (Royal Netherlands Chemical Society): Nanomobiel

Nanotechnology Now: Rice Scientists Build World's First Single-molecule Car

Eureka Alert: Rice scientists build world's first single-molecule car

Live Science: The World's Smallest Car

Small Times (www.smalltimes.com): coming soon

MIT Technology Review (www.technologyreview.com): coming soon

PhysOrg.com (www.physorg.com): coming soon

Science News (www.sciencenews.org): coming soon

The Engineer ( De Ingenieur): coming soon

CNET (news.com.com): coming soon

New York Times (www.nytimes.com): coming soon

No comments: