10.14.2005

Progress

About noon today my nerve block pump started beeping at me, telling me it was empty. Argh! About damn time! That tape on my neck was about to drive me certfiably nuts, and the nerve block was acting a lot like the Texan's offensive line. The tape itself must be one of 3M's proudest acheivements, because that crap just wouldn't let go. After about ten minutes of cautious pulling I was nearly resigned to losing some skin, but persistence prevailed there, as with the rest of the dressings. Pulling the catheter out of my neck was a bit strange, but could have been a lot worse, considering a good 3 to 4 inches was stuck under the skin. It's pretty thin, though, as you can see in the first picture.
The gauze was a bit more gorey than I expected, but not too bad, either.

No comments: