10.31.2005

U2, Texans 1st win, weekend update

Friday night's U2 concert was fantastic, just as expected. B. got free tickets from a business associate throwing a shindig in a party suite. That meant great seats, free beer and wine, and free food - all of it really good. My favorite was the 1/2 lb hotdog. Not only was it enormous, but probably the best hot dog ever! And we got really pimp parking, to boot - right across the street in spots that typically go for $40. U2 did a lot of their popular stuff, so I was singing my head off most of the concert, not that I could even hear myself. Afterwards we met a couple of B's friends at The Harp, where I think I embarrased them (or myself) with my knowledge of Vanilla Ice and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. (I bet you didn't know that James Avery, known as Judge Philip Banks on the Fresh Prince of Bel Air, was the voice of Shredder in the animated TMNT series. Weird, huh.)

Saturday was a pretty low-key day, including some shoe shopping at DSW. B. was steamed that I got some shoes and she didn't. But then again, I really am a shoe whore. Later in the evening we hit a couple low-key places, including Marfreless. Sunday saw a bunch of football nonsense. The Texans actually beat the Browns for their first win of the season, and the Eagles lost to the Broncos, for their third of the season. I couldn't watch the whole game, even in HD, and had to go to Texadelphia for a consolation cheesesteak. In all it was a good weekend, though a Philadelphia win would have been a good end note.

No comments: