9.30.2005

Drinking on Thursdays

I went out last night with B, a friend of my cousin's, hitting up the Front Porch at about 7:30. It actually got a bit windy on my way there, so I wasn't completely fried as I rode my motorcycle the 4 or 5 miles to midtown. +1 before the night even started. We stay there just long enough to watch the Astros blow it in the bottom of the ninth with a bad call rounding third on a double with two outs. We then went to the Little Woodrows on W. Alabama for a quick drink, but didn't really like the atmosphere, followed by the Gingerman in the Village. Let me just say for the record that the Gingerman has the best hot pretzels this side of Philadelphia. They bake them up just right - a bit crispy on the outside - with the right kind of salt, and they are soooo good. After that snack we headed back to the Front Porch again (I'd left my bike there) but decided it was too early to go home and had another. By the time I left it was about a quarter to 2, and the ride home was actually a bit chilly with my summer jacket on. Joy!

Today it's actually cool for once. As of 11am it's only about 75. It hasn't been this cool this late in the day since early May! I'm loving it. Last night was a lot of fun, but I'm definitely not used to going out on weeknights. I'm wallowing around in that slow, stuffy headed realm where all I want to do is fall asleep, but it was completely worth it. Maybe we'll go see A History of Violence tonight.

No comments: