9.27.2005

Tuesday Morning

Summer's not letting go of Houston easily. The last few days have had record highs with mid afternoon temperatures hitting 98 - 100 for a good 2-3 hours. The heat index has also been in the 110 - 115 range, which is what really kills you. I'm completely ready for summer to be over in so many ways. Since I spend most of my day in air conditioning, I can't really complain, but with pending shoulder surgery I'm seeing my last few motorcycle-riding days burned up rather quickly.

On that note, my MRI follow-up appointment with the orthopedic surgeon is today, so hopefully I'll find out the details about the expected shoulder surgery and recovery process. I'm really not looking forward to it - one might say dreading it. After all, who wants to scar this perfect body? Right. I'll update later when I'm back from the appointment. I've yet to spend fewer than three hours in this place, and I doubt this will be any shorter a visit.

No comments: