3.05.2007

Quick Update from APS in Denver

Just a quick update while I escape the commotion of four thousand APS physicists in one crowded (albeit very large) building. I'm back in my hotel room at the moment before meeting some people for dinner. My talk is done (it went very well, btw - I even got a compliment from someone noting that it was not only enlightening, but entertaining, to boot!) and aside from the mild fatigue that the moderate altitude brings on, I'm feeling great - anxious to get to Breckenridge and carve up some powder! It's good seeing people like my former roommate, Aaron, again, among others who've since left Rice for greener pastures. (Heh, like, money. Get it?) If it weren't for all the boring phyics, this would actually be a great time. Honestly, though, while most talks don't interest me in the slightest, there are always at least 40 to choose from at any given time, so there's bound to be something worthwhile to learn about. I'll update w/ more pics as soon as there are any worth posting. Here's one just to emphasize how excited I am about my proximity to the Colorado Rockies, and hence - both temporally and physically - to snowboarding. Woot!(- A view from a nice, quiet, secluded spot on the 2nd floor of the Colorado Convention Center -)

No comments: