2.26.2007

Premature Octogenarian Vacillatory Bipedal Locomotion

... or, "Why I'm Limping like an Eighty-Year-Old Man."

There's a good deal more bruising down my left side that's not easy to show on a family-friendly web site, but what's really got me sore at the moment are the small areas of road rash on my left knee and ankle. They're not swollen anymore, but starting to heal up and scab over, so they're really stiff and inflexible. Just that little amount makes me really appreciate the leather jacket I was wearing, since I slid most of the 30 or so feet down the road head-first on my torso. And I'm not even going to talk about my helmet. Considering that I was only going about 35 when I hit the ground, and looking at the rash and scrapes it has, I'm amazed at the amount of skin my jacket saved. So yeah, mom - get yourself a good motorcycle jacket before you go off terrorizing the neighborhood again this spring. Don't make your son worry.

No comments: