2.12.2007

Weekend Rundown

I know it's been a while since I last rapped at ya, but much has transpired over the last few days.

Thursday was cool because former president William Jefferson Clinton came to Rice for a lecture. He only spoke for a little more than half an hour, but it was purposeful and to the point - a really neat experience.

Friday attacked me with the beginnings of a nasty cold, through which I rallied that evening to go to a Mardi Gras dinner party with April at Matt and Tracy's newly furnished house. A bunch of other friends were there to make it a great time, even though I was lethargic enough to be considered legally dead, I think.

Saturday Jonah and I rode up to Metric Motorcycles so he could change out his front tire, and on the way through the insane traffic, I noticed my engine casing was leaking prodigious amounts of oil that ended up spraying all over the rear tire - a recipe for disaster. So, intending to get a new rear tire and chain soon anyway, I left my bike at the shop. It seems it will be at least a week before I get it back, and not before dropping at least another five hundred bones on my main mode of transportation. (That's more than twice the number I have in my body, so I guess I'm going to have to find a donor.) Saturday was also Jonah's birthday, which a bunch of people celebrated at Slick Willy's and The Gingerman. I think the alcohol killed a bunch of the bugs swimming around in my head, but the cigarette smoke riled up my throat even more.

Sunday was laid back for the first part, but we had an indoor soccer game - our last of the season - that guaranteed our first place finish! By that time I think my body had just about given up trying to fend off this cold any more, and I started crashing hard after getting home last night. So today I feel like complete crap, and I'm writing this from home. I'm going to work on my paper on my laptop so the day's not a total waste, but when I seem on course to go through all the tissues in my house before the close of the day, I don't think much will get done. Of course, had I refrained from all my activities over the weekend, this cold would probably be kicked by now. But who wants to do that? (Ask me when I get fired.)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I didn't know you got to hear Bill Clinton speak! Impressive. What did he talk about?