12.08.2005

Brrr

It's cold today. Brilliant observation, I know, but below freezing is really cold for Houston. It usually goes near freezing about 4 times a year, and at Rice the high today has only hit 37, with a low of 31. At least I've got a real winter coat down here, unlike a lot of Houstonians. I only get to wear it a couple times a year, but when I do, I really appreciate it. Now if it would only snow, and some mountains would magically grow about an hour away, then I could go snowboarding again! Of course I'd have to win the lottery, too, since I'm so broke. Hooray for self-induced poverty! Nobody forced me to be a grad student.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

snow day in Philly!!!

Archibaldq said...

so lucky! i really want to go snowboarding! i could use some of that white stuff.