1.25.2007

In about 4 hours

... my alarm is going to wake me up so I can shower, finish packing, and get to a friend's house to catch a much-appreciated ride to the airport before my flight boards at 5:30. While Matt and Emily catch a red-eye from LA, even with a layover, they'll still be in Providence about two hours before I will. Lucky them, they get to wait for me. We're off to Wayland Massachusetts, along with a number of other people (Mom and Aunt Kris among them,) to be with my family for Uncle Russ' memorial service on Saturday. And I'm feeling a little emotionally confused. Its usually such a good thing for us all to get together - traditionally only for summer vacations at the Cape and Christmas II celebrations - that I can't get rid of the conditioned impulse of excitement at the prospect. It will be good to see those who will be there, but of course I wish we didn't have the reason. I guess just being there is about all I can do, too, so that's what I'm going to spend the weekend doing - just being. There. With family.

No comments: