12.19.2006

Holiday Travels

Tomorrow I head to the East Coast for over a week, staying at my mom's while my brother and sister are there, too. I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone for more than a few days this time, and seeing all the extended family is a huge added bonus. Christmas has turned from a time when I was a kid, to be excited about what I might be getting, to being (close to) an adult, and being much more excited about what I'll be giving and the people I'll be spending time with. It'll be great, to be sure, but with so many of my relatives infirm in some way or other, I hope it doesn't end up being too much of a hassle for them and those closest to them. There's also a good possibility that it will be the last family gathering of its kind for the same reasons, so it seems important to really enjoy it to the fullest. I especially love our family's Christmas Eve II, where we all sing carols in harmony. And trust me, with as much musical talent as everyone in this family has, it's really something to hear. Yay Christmas! Excited!

No comments: