9.13.2006

Back from Mexico!

And it was fantastic! The Lake Chapala area is just beautiful, nestled in the mountains with fantastic weather all year 'round. April's parent's house is great - spectacular view and location, especially for riding motorcycles - and her parents were incredible hosts. Her dad and I put probably 600 miles on the Kawasaki KLR 650s that he has - mostly in the first few days, too. The roads are great for this kind of dual-sport bike. Major highways (except for the toll roads) are two-lane, pothole-ridden playgrounds for anything with as much suspension travel as these things have (10+ inches!) And the speedbumps - sorry, topes - are everywhere. Where cars have to slow to a crawl to cross these monsterous road-hazards, we were flying over them at 50+ mph, or using them as passing zones in the busier areas. I don't really have the time to go into nearly enough detail to do the trip even the most trivial justice, but I've at least got some pictures up on my googlepage. It was a fun-filled trip, and I hope I have time to fill in some details later, but for now, this will have to suffice.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Drew! Look so familiar! I swear, that church was in the village WE walked to from the B&B. Other pix on blog equally terrific. Love the family one!

Archibaldq said...

Thanks! I took them with April's 5MP camera, not my 2MP ghetto digi. And I'm pretty sure you didn't go to that church last time - it's in Mazamitla, about 30km or more south of the lake, but every town has one, and they all look so similar!