6.08.2006

Beginning Photoshop

So like most of you, I'm sure, I have a bunch of pictures that I've taken that didn't turn out exactly the way I'd planned for one reason or another. Maybe the colors didn't come out as vibrantly as they seemed originally, or the background is way too dark or the foreground is washed out. Things like this seem to ruin a good portion of my pictures - granted, I use my little 2MP ghetto digicam - and I'm always a little disappointed when a picture I've set up and actually thought about before snapping comes out looking like crap. So, you get the idea. Here are a couple of my first quick attempts at photoshop-alterations to my crappy little digicam pics. More to follow, I hope, with improvements.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

very nice work - I didn't know you had a googlepages account too, but more on that in a minute.

The only issue I have with the bottom one is that I like the fade in water color as it gets further away - it feels more natural to me. Something about the reflected light changing as the angle of view gets shallower or something. How did you pull out the plants? I likes the plants.

Now, why isn't Googlepages integrated better with Blogger? Aren't they both Google things? Can you integrate them? Is the "events" section pulled from Google's Calendar app? I'm confused and sad - hold me.

...m

Archibaldq said...

yeah, i wasn't sure about taking out the color fade in the water, either - i guess i could just make it less pronounced. I'm working on another one now that is a lot harder, but i'll try to be more meticulous. notice the part where the plant in the foreground is brown?

i ended up separating each part (plant, water, and ground) with the magic wand tool and messing with the color balance, hue/saturation, contrast and brightness and other things for each part individually. just a first attempt. i'll post the next when i find some time to finish it.

and googlepages really isn't well integrated into the rest of the google universe. i don't have a google calendar, but have been thinking about starting one soon. all the web page is just a rudimentary manual thing.