4.12.2006

Plaques for ridiculous things

This morning I got to read a letter originally sent to the principle investigator of my research project (Nanocars,(.pdf) as I've mentioned before) from the publishers of my first paper, the American Chemical Society, or just ACS. Among more than thirty other journals, they also publish the journal Nano Letters, where we submitted our paper in October. Apparently that article was downloaded more times in the two months it was available in 2005 than any other article in any other ACS publication for that entire year! Now that's just ridiculous. And so is the fact that I got a plaque because of that. Still, it's kindof cool, partly because I haven't gotten a plaque for anything in yearly 4 years, and partly because now there's something to hang on the walls in my office. Click on the pic for a higher-resolution image.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i have more and more reasons to be jealous of you. If only I wasn't such an underachiever. Oh loser, loser brothers!

Heh, congratulations, you!

Archibaldq said...

Ha! there's very little to be jealous of in grad life, except for the fact that I came in today at 10:00 just because I wanted that extra few hour's sleep. Yeah. That's nice.

Thanks dude!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Very impressive. Thanks for more bragging rights! :-)