2.01.2006

I guess I'll keep blogging

I guess people actually read this thing after all. I know, because recently a few people have asked me when I'm going to update this silly little blog. The answer: right now, biotches! I started the whole blogging thing when research was slow, and pounding out a stupid paragraph or two was just another thing to fill the gaps that are inherent in UHV work. Now research has really picked up. I've got 15 samples in a freezer now (as of last week) that I've been waiting for since October, but the setup isn't quite ready for them yet. A $1300 single-crystal piece of gold needs much more cleaning than I'd originally thought, and there are still some small issues left over from venting the chamber and repairing a number of nagging issues. Of course, some of those repairs have created nagging issues of their own, but I hope to be able to overcome them quickly so I can get on to actual research.

I'll try to keep up with this blog thing more regularly from now on - even if only a short, pointless entry like this one.

No comments: